Digital and Social Media Marketing (Foundation)
Funding available for this course
When people think of social media, they often jump right into thinking about the tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs. To be truly effective and efficient with your resources, you need a plan or roadmap to guide you through making the best decisions for you and your organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine their target audience and goals for their social media strategy.
- Understand the importance of listening to online conversations
- Know the different social media tools available to them.
- Learn how to generate content ideas and manage their time.
- Promote their new social media efforts.
- Measure their new social media efforts for their effectiveness.
Business owner or marketing manager that needs a strategic plan to integrate social media into their marketing plan.
- Training is hands-on using easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) on live exercises of each topic.
Training will be conducted by our experienced local trainer who has more than 10 years of experience with relevant certification.
Lesson 1: Planning
- Marketing Basics
- Marketing Then and Now
- Where Are You Now?
- Choosing a Target Audience
- Setting Goals
Lesson 2: Listening and Responding
- Why Listen?
- Selecting Keywords
- Monitoring Tools
- What to Monitor
- Responding to Comments
Lesson 3: Building Your Social Media Toolbox
- Social Networks
- Branded Social Networks
- Idea Sharing
- Social Media Newsroom
- Choosing Your Tools
- Blog Considerations
- Spoke Considerations
Lesson 4: Content Creation and Time Management
- Sources of Content
- Editorial Calendar
Lesson 5: Promotion
- Online Promotion
- Offline Promotion
Lesson 6: Measurement
- What to Measure
- Moving Forward