Microsoft Project: Basic & Intermediate
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able: -
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan.
- Finalize a project plan.
- Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project.
- Monitor project progress in the project plan.
- Adjust the project plan to control constraints.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. The course will give the student a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 necessary to create and save project plans. Students will also acquire the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan
- Topic B: Define a Project
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Import Tasks from Other Programs
- Topic C: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic D: Define Task Relationships
- Topic E: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Project Plan Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan
Lesson 6: Executing a Project
- Topic A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
- Topic C: Update Work
- Topic D: Update Costs
Lesson 7: Monitoring Project Progress
- Topic A: View Project Progress
- Topic B: Add Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Views
- Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
- Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
Lesson 8: Controlling a Project Plan
- Topic A: Edit the Task List
- Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
- Topic C: Update a Baseline
Lesson 9: Reporting on Progress
- Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
- Topic B: View Existing Reports
- Topic C: Create Custom Reports
- Topic D: Create a Visual Report
Lesson 10: Customizing the Application
- Topic A: Change Project Options
- Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic C: Share Resources
- Topic D: Link Project Plans