Balance Score Card Course
Course length: 1.0 day
Balanced Scorecard is a strategic planning and management system that is used extensively in business and industry, government, and nonprofit organisations to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organisation.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to;
- Have an in-depth understanding of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) concepts that will help the organization to build up competency of their staff, which is necessary for the deployment and operationalization of BSC.
- Understand and implement the underlying concepts and design of the BSC.
- Understand how organizational strategy can be translated into action through a linked set of cause-and effect relationship.
Head of Departments, Supervisors leading a section within a department, Project Manager leading a team that comprise of cross department personnel, Operation Manager, General Manager, Financial Controller, CFO, Directors, CEO and any members whom are directly involved in the strategic planning for the sustainable growth of the Organization.
Lesson 1: Vision/ Mission/ Strategy Clarification
- Understanding the mission, vision and strategy of the company
Lesson 2: Strategy Map drafting
- Creating maps
- Formulating the maps
- Strategic mapping via the 4 perspective linkages
Lesson 3: Case Study
- Case studies of Successful implementation
- Case studies of lecturer own BSC journey with a Biomedical Manufacturing Company
- Why balanced scorecards sometimes fail
Lesson 4: Implementation and practicalities
- Align organization to the strategy
- The learning process
- Mobilise change through executive leadership
Lesson 5: Dimensions of a scorecard application
- Embedding a sustainability focus with the balanced scorecard